The next and final concert of the 2021/22 season will be held on 20 March at 11 am at the Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts (ACCA) at the University of Sussex. It will be given by the Mithras Trio.
Haydn Piano Trio in G major, Hob.XV:41
Brahms Piano Trio No.3 in C minor, Op.101
Schubert Piano Trio No.2 in E flat major, D929
The Mithras played for us in October 2019, only 2 years after they formed at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. They were tremendous then, playing Mozart, Fauré and Beethoven. We asked to have them back, and here they are.
Audience members are encouraged to wear masks or other face coverings throughout the event (unless exempt or when eating or drinking, of course) and to keep their distance from others not in their party.
We regret that we will not be serving sherry or fruit juice to members during the interval. It is just not compatible with masking and distancing.
Tickets are available from the Brighton Dome box office (01273 709709) or online via https://www.stringsattachedmusic.org.uk/ or at https://brightondome.org/ for £18.50 (concessions £16) or from ACCA on the day.
Tickets for those aged 8 to 25 are free under the Cavatina Scheme. These free tickets can only be booked by visiting one of the box offices in person. The Brighton Dome box office can issue them in advance; the ACCA box office will be open on the morning of the concert. Either the young person should be present at the time of booking, or the person booking must show proof of age, e.g. a passport. Under 14s must be accompanied to the concert by a paying adult.
As yet we don’t have details of dates or performers for the next season but arrangements are underway. As soon as we have details we will send a further newsletter.
If you have renewed your membership of Strings Attached for the period 1 August 2021 to 31 July 2022 and haven’t yet collected your membership card, you will be able to do so from the Members’ Desk in the foyer on the morning of the concert. If you aren’t sure if you have joined for this season contact email@example.com and we will check for you.
If you haven’t yet renewed your membership you can do so now. It is so late in the season that membership taken out now will last until 31 July 2023 .
Membership forms can be completed at https://www.stringsattachedmusic.org.uk/friends/ . For Gift Aid purposes please complete one form per person. Payment can be made by cheque or by bank transfer. Please use bank transfer if you can; it’s much more convenient for us. Use your surname as the reference. If paying by cheque there may be a delay before the cheque is paid in.
We very much hope you will choose to renew your membership and support our work – and that you will encourage like-minded people to join us as well.
SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERTISE
We need to engage with younger generations through Social Media but we need help. If you are able to assist us with this please make yourself known to a committee member at the Members’ Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER CHAMBER MUSIC EVENTS
These are listed on our website. Choose https://www.stringsattachedmusic.org.uk/ and click on Calendar. It’s wonderful to see that there are so many concerts in the next few weeks:
Especially interesting are:
- 18 March Music and Wine at St Luke’s hosts piano duos. See musicandwineatstlukes.com
- 19 March Ensemble Reza Spring Concert at Holy Trinity Church, Cuckfield. They will play works by Barry Mills, Bridge and Walton. See https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/ensemble-reza/ensemble-reza-spring-concert/e-mzraal
- 21 March Peter Copley 60th birthday concert by the Brompton Quartet playing Haydn and Bridge as well as the first performance of Copley’s third quartet. See eventbrite.co.uk/e/peter-copley-60th-birthday-concert-tickets-225880162647
- 22 March Brighton Chapel Royal at 1.10pm: Pal Banda plays Bach Suites 3 and 4 for unaccompanied cello. See http://www.lifesci.sussex.ac.uk/home/Chris_Darwin/ChapelRoyalJan2022.pdf
- 26 March Haywards Heath Music Society hosts Ariel Lanyi piano. See http://haywardsheathmusicsociety.org.uk/
- 3 April Seaford Music Society Family Concert: The Birdsong Band. See seafordmusicsociety.com/concerts
- 7 to 29 May Brighton Festival, the largest, most all-encompassing, Arts Festival in England. It is open for booking on brightonfestival.org .
Copyright © 2022 Strings Attached, All rights reserved.